Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Cool Tool For School!!!

My resource, Wicked, is all about helping the student learn in a hands on approach, but also incorporate technology.  When thinking about trying to teach science through technology I was at a loss for ideas on how to keep it interesting for the students.  This tool does it for me!! It is very easy to navigate and can be used inside or outside the classroom.  It has games and lessons all in one. This tool can be used to have an interactive approach on teaching while students learn to teach themselves by exploring the site. It not only uses games, but also has fact sheets and a place for parents to learn how to help engage their children into enjoying learning and keeping them safe.  In my classroom I would use this tool as an introduction to topics or to have students explore certain topics, on their own, at home to bring back to class for the next day.  I particularly like the Pest and Predators activity for use in my own science classes that I hope to teach in the future.  There really isn't much more to explain about this tool because it is simple, which is good.  It's easy for a 5-8 grader to navigate on their own which is what really caught my attention.  So click on that picture of Wicked and take a look around for your self!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment