Thursday, March 8, 2012

Top Ten Cool Tools for School

My Top Ten Choices
   Pegby is a tool that I can see being used for teacher interaction or student interaction. Having this tool would make it a lot easier to have students do group projects.

          I find this tool interesting because it's different from any other tool I've seen before.  I think that it could be a cool new way to have students do a project.

             At first I didn't see how a site for picture posting could be useful in the classroom.  After reading the description I think that this would be an awesome tool to use for an icebreaker.

            This tool I also saw as an interesting tool.  I can see it be used for presentations but  really think that it could be used as an icebreaker rather thatn a presentaton

             I see this tool as a good way to transfer information.  Whether it be to get info to students or  info to the parents, it seems easy to use and efficient.
 
5) Prezi from Uniquely Nina
I like the idea of prezi because it's not powerpoint.  Powerpoint can become dull and overused for everything.  Prezi gives a new twist to the powerpoint idea and keeps people more interested.

       Smartboards are something that was used a lot in my middle and high school.  I found that it made kids want to participate more and it is a way to make every subject hands on.

        This I see as more of a resource, but a great resource at that.  Youtube is nice but, it's hard to search    through hundreds of videos to find exactly what you want and hope that it's also reliable.  This is a good way to help teachers find exactly what they need.

       Coming from someone that never understood how to tell what the heck an author was rambling on about,  this tool seems amazing.  I hated when my english teacher would tell me, well this is what they mean, because I said so.  I think an author can write just to  write but this tool helps to point out the things that are actually relevant in the poem or book.  I see it being super helpful.

       This tool just seems to have it all.  A lot of different games and ways to review and its all in one spot, easy to maneuver.  This makes it a lot easier for a teacher to keep it interesting and not just play the same old jeopardy game every Thursday before your test Friday.  I really like this site with all the different tools in one.

No comments:

Post a Comment